This programme focuses on principles of sustainable planning, design and performance of large-scale and high-rise buildings and provides graduates with excellent career opportunities. The design of low and medium-rise buildings has, for some time, taken climatic variations and sustainability into account. However, despite the increase in the number of large-scale buildings worldwide during the last few decades, high-rise buildings are still seen as mega-scale energy consumers with little regard for sustainable design and performance. The current environmental agenda and interest in sustainability across the globe raises the significance of mega-buildings. On this interdisciplinary course, we focus on the principles of sustainable planning and design of mega-buildings and prepare students to specialise professionally in this field.
• Accredited by the by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), meeting the academic requirements for CEng professional registration and recognised by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) at Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.
• Available on a one-year full-time or two-year part-time basis.
• Offers the opportunity to see sustainable mega-building design in practice on a variety of national and international field trips.
• Study in one of the top schools of architecture in the UK, and benefit from exceptional facilities.
• Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
“The course offered me an in-depth exposure of sustainable mega-buildings and the various issues involving their built environment. As a part-time student and professional, I found the topics discussed throughout the course relevant and valuable to my current role as an architectural technologist.”
– Claudio Pais Jorge Couto, MSc Sustainable Mega Buildings
“The course is very well structured with an amazing array of professors and experts who were there to guide and support us always. Everything I understood about sustainability and mega buildings during the course will be of great help in my practice as these principles can be applied to buildings of any scale whether big or smaller scale. I got an opportunity to interact and work with multidisciplinary individuals and various nationalities that broadened my horizon with respect to working and designing.”
– Saurabh Atul Shah, MSc Sustainable Mega Buildings