Gain knowledge and expertise to specialise in the design of comfortable and healthy environments in and around buildings, appropriate to climate and with due regard to sustainable issues.
Many methods of construction are highly resource intensive. They require energy, electricity and water and generate landfill waste and CO2 emissions. With governments and the public becoming increasingly aware of dwindling global resources and becoming conscious of the importance of sustainability issues, there is a growing demand for professional working in the built environment to be well-versed in environmental design.
Study Options – Full Time and Part Time
Distance Learning over 1, 2 or 3 years
Meet the tutors
- Study in one of the top schools of Architecture in the UK
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), meets the academic requirements for CEng professional registration
- Available as a full time, part time and distance learning course
- Established course, providing a practical grounding in the subject of environmental design to built environment professionals since 1993.
- Based on internationally acclaimed research expertise within the Welsh School of Architecture, we have long-standing experience in designing, monitoring and consulting on sustainable buildings such as the carbon positive SOLCER house
- Environmental Design Practice (see work examples in separate post)
- Passive Design (see work examples in separate post)
- Environmental Design Applications
- Earth & Society
- Climate Comfort and Energy
- Low Carbon Buildings
- Investigations in the Built Environment
- Architectural Science Research